Calendar-based scheduling you’re familiar with:
Blue Canvas’ online departmental schedules are presented in a familiar calendar format that people are used to working with. The scheduler has the ability to copy and paste work from one day to another or copy complete schedules between time periods or departments.
Easily share your schedule with your employees:
Our platform allows schedules to be prepared by one person and approved and posted by others, supporting the complex workflows within an organization. Once posted, employees affected are notified by email and/or SMS with copies of their current schedules. Changes to posted schedules can also be sent only to affected employees. Employees can access their schedule through an online portal any time and from anywhere.
Manage employee overtime across multiple departments:
Blue Canvas’ employee reporting system shows when employees are scheduled to work in the current department as well as in other departments, reducing the chance of scheduling into overtime. Our overtime estimate report lets you define thresholds for when employees are in or about to go into overtime based on schedules and actual times recorded.
Automation from scheduling to time tracking to pay:
Record actual time worked in our attendance tools. Let our system compute the earnings each hourly employee will have in the payroll period through a rules-based engine encapsulating your compensation and collective bargaining agreements. Blue Canvas allows an import of computed earnings directly into payroll to streamline the payroll process.
Efficiently Schedule Employees
- Online, outlook-like calendar tool to prepare work schedules by department
- Copy shifts individually or copy entire portions of the schedule at once
- Add notes for employees related to a shift for special instructions
- Add notes for the payroll department for a shift
- Ability to schedule work for positions, employees or both. Can also schedule vacant shifts to be filled later
- Ability to allocate all or a portion of a shift to be noted as time off, decreasing vacation, bank time, or sick time accruals
- Workflow for preparing schedules goes through a Draft, Submitted, Approved and Posted phase for approval checks
Easily Inform your Employees
- Employees can be made aware of changes with alerts (email and/or SMS) for changes including new schedules posted, changes to posted schedules or notification when specific employee schedule changes are made
- Employees can access their own schedules through online portal and the MySchedule feature
- Show schedules by day, week, month or in a timeline view (by day, week, 2 weeks or pay period)
Avoid Scheduling Errors
- Show employee shifts in other departments to prevent double-booking
- The Schedule Report shows hours each employee is scheduled to work
- Our Overtime Estimate Report identifies employees who are approaching or who are in an overtime position based on user-defined threshold rules
- You have the ability to compare scheduled work to contracted hours
- Blue Canvas has a rule based earning calculator to compute earnings based on confirmed time and attendance to take the grunt-work out of complex payroll calculations
- Data flows from the schedule to the earning calculator
- Blue Canvas can configure rules to represent collective bargaining agreements
- Our Stat Pay Calculator easily determines statutory pay on part time employees
- We have a built in OT calculator that can be configured to the OT rules of your jurisdiction
- This data flows directly to input sheet for payroll processing - no more duplicated entries and errors!
Contact Blue Canvas today for a free demonstration of how we can specifically help your organization meet its workforce management and payroll requirements. We'd love to help!